Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Message Gaming
Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Topic Options
#828220 - Tue 29/09/15 20:06 BST EP 4: Cold Front
Mina Offline

Capt.- Zombie Team A

Loc: California, U.S.A.
As Jace's request thrummed through her circuitry, Lila suddenly looked concerned. Jace! Two cold fronts approaching, rapidly, from two different directions. Their paths keep zigging and zagging, but if they stay on course, I calculate they will intersect here in a matter of minutes, five at the most.

*** elsewhere ***

Andi's phone buzzed with another text, but it was from Liv not Jace this time.

Quote:
At home now. Carey was here. Dangerous. Archer woman chased him away. Both gone.

Right after, Liv's phone buzzed back, though it was not a reply from Andi. Instead it was Lila with an update text.

Quote:
Two cold fronts converging soon at the Corbeau D'argent residence. Five minutes maximum. I speculate that it will be two of the cold-enabled opponents.

That text was sent out Ralph, Andi (whose phone buzzed an instant after Liv's message arrives) and Rick's phone as well. Five minutes until the future looked a bit colder.

#828277 - Wed 30/09/15 13:16 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: Mina]
Phoenix Prime Offline
I'm Grumpy - Go Away

Loc: Grand Prairie Texas
Andi-

Andi replied to Liv's text first. Maybe she should have replied to the other one, but the message came from Jace's computer so she imagined Jace was getting the message as well. To Liv:

Quote:
Good. Be Safe. And I will always try be there for you.

Then the other message from Lila...

Quote:
Confirmed. On my way. Not close.

She then texted Jace.

Quote:
Be there as quick as I can. Not in Smallville. As fast as fast can go. Be careful... Please.

She started to put the phone away when she decided one more message to Liv was needed.

Quote:
Tell Rick to be careful. He has to be running out of time. Those things are burning him out. Please tell him I am concerned and worry about him.

Why not... If she was going to be a part of a team, then she needed to act like a team member. She texted Ralph too.

Quote:
Get there Ralph... as fast as you can. Jace needs us. I'm on my way... be there soon... I hope... not very close right now. Help is coming.

#828278 - Wed 30/09/15 13:26 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: Phoenix Prime]
Nivek Offline

Administrator

Loc: Kentucky
Liv

Liv read the text and it made her smile. She quickly typed out a response.

Quote:
I know you will. Rick dropped me off and left. I'm staying home. All of you be careful please.

Once sent, she turned on the tv to the local news channel in case it showed anything. It made no sense for her to go to Jace's place. She couldn't fight these things so she'd just be in the way, someone to worry about. They didn't need that.

#828302 - Wed 30/09/15 15:03 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: Nivek]
Gryphon Offline
Confusingly Confused

Loc: California
Jace

"Lila, time to be defensive, and contact Lucas and Conner."

Quote:
I will be careful. You be too. See you soon, Gorgeous.

Jace would not tell Andi not to come, that it would be dangerous, he knew she could handle herself, and he was not that stupid.

No one could tell Andi what she could or could not do, she always exceeded expectations.

There was still a little time before impact, so Jace grabbed up the computer component from LexCorps, and put it back in his satchel.

He had learned everything he could from it, anyway.

Hitting the side of his bed, he grabbed the gun inside and some cartridges.

"Time to go outside and wait to see what happens."

#828331 - Wed 30/09/15 21:07 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: Gryphon]
KenSeg Offline
Babylon 5 Rules

Loc: Jensen Beach, Florida
Rick

He was walking back to his car when his phone buzzed with the incoming text and he glanced at it, thinking it might be a little emoticon from Liv or something. His steps faltered a moment as he read what was on his screen, then stuffed the phone back into his pocket and ran for the car. He didn't think he had enough time left on his pill to get to Jace's house and didn't want to take another until and unless it was critical. Future Andi's words still rang quietly in the back of his mind occasionally.

#828341 - Wed 30/09/15 22:29 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: KenSeg]
Mina Offline

Capt.- Zombie Team A

Jace, Rick and Ralph, from different positions, could see two figures heading towards the Corbeau D'Argent residence... one from one side of the lake, and another from the other side.

Two females...

The one from earlier...

And a different one...

Ralph is loping forwards, and will probably be there before the two converge, Rick is racing along and will be there shortly after.

#828456 - Fri 02/10/15 17:51 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: Mina]
Gryphon Offline
Confusingly Confused

Jace knew they were approaching.

No need to hide, he had what they were after.

Setting the satchel on the front porch, he hid the gun behind his shirt in the back of his pants and waited.

#828476 - Sat 03/10/15 00:57 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: Gryphon]
Don Offline

Loc: Eastpointe, MI USA
[OOC: do either of the two women look familiar to Ralph? He would know his classmates by sight far better than I do. Specifically, I'm wondering if one is Courtney.]

#828649 - Mon 05/10/15 19:50 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: Don]
Mina Offline

Capt.- Zombie Team A

[OOC: Neither one looks like a student, but both are covered with ice and it would disguise who they are (much like a pair of glasses disguises Clark/Kal-El)]

Jace is out front, Ralph arrives just as the convergence is about to hit. One ice bound figure moves to blast Jace, while the other gestures and a wall of ice intercepts the blast, sending shards in many directions at once.

Ice Queen A (first picture) stands defiantly. "I will not let you hurt anyone else!"

The other one laughs, "What do they matter? They are only human."

"All lives matter." The first one responds.

Rick will arrive in time to see the wall go up, protecting Jace from the icy blast.

#828794 - Wed 07/10/15 12:56 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: Mina]
KenSeg Offline
Babylon 5 Rules

Loc: Jensen Beach, Florida
Rick

He screeches to a halt far enough away to be out of any immediate blast as he thumbs out one of his remaining pills and swallows it. With two ice women and combat already starting, he had to risk another pill before one of them kills Jace.

#828909 - Thu 08/10/15 20:05 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: KenSeg]
Gryphon Offline
Confusingly Confused

Jace

As the wall goes up, he will step to the side, pulling the gun, and fire upon the one that seems to be the agressor.

He will, of course, again take cover behind the wall of ice afterwards.

#828950 - Fri 09/10/15 16:53 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: Gryphon]
Don Offline

Loc: Eastpointe, MI USA

[Ralph]

Ralph lets the hood of his parka fall over his face obscuring it. He will then try to subdue the hostile icewoman by wrapping his arms around her again and again and again until she is in a virtual Ralph cocoon.

#829152 - Mon 12/10/15 04:56 BST Re: EP 4: Cold Front [Re: Don]
Mina Offline

Capt.- Zombie Team A

Jace's shot is quite accurate, showing he has some proficiency with armed weapons. The icy woman screams as the capsule shatters on her shoulder, obviously in pain though her shoulder begins to re-ice over in a fraction of an instant. As Ralph wraps himself around her, he can see her smile cruelly.

"Come close and touch, but pay the price." Chill emanates from her... or, Ralph realizes belatedly, it is not chill coming from her, it is as if all the heat in his world were being sucked in to her, leaving none for anyone else, particularly him. His lips turn blue, his body begins to harden, and Ralph can feel his core temperature dropping quickly as he dizzily realizes she is draining his heat... his very life force... from him.

It might have gone terribly bad for Ralph, except an arrow slams into her, going through her icy shell and into whatever she was made of underneath. The woman rips Ralph away with superhuman strength, though he does not go far... and he could feel everything in his body broken...

The other woman took that instant to throw an icy spear at Ralph's assailant, narrowly missing her, but causing her to dodge further away from Ralph.

The sound of sirens fill the air, but still at least a minute, or possibly two, away.

Far away, in her home, Liv hears her father's voice over the police scanner, accepting a call and heading to Jace Argent's home... where she knows the action is going down.

Moderator:  Mina 
Newest Members
Khamsin, Gryphon, AgentBonkers, DragonLips, Amadan
125 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Member Spotlight

125 Registered Members
110 Forums
2,335 Topics
226,912 Posts

Most users ever online: 206 @ Sun 04/11/12 12:17 GMT
December
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Message Gaming. DreamLyrics Message Gaming does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy · Site Operator