Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Message Gaming
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 11 12 13
Topic Options
#827375 - Tue 22/09/15 00:18 BST Re: Following the Unseen Path (Miyabi, Jaxon and Volsha) [Re: Muddy]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Loc: Charlotte, NC - USA
Sasha

The Baroness Xanthippe leaned slightly forward and concentrated intently on the head of House Decados as he expounded his tale.

#827452 - Tue 22/09/15 13:26 BST Re: Following the Unseen Path (Miyabi, Jaxon and Volsha) [Re: Exeter]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Loc: Pidley, Cambs, UK
Jaxon

So this has been hatching for at least a couple of years and by the sound of the accord overriding House concerns, it must be something serious.

You could hear a pin drop in the silence whilst waiting for Duke Fedor to continue.

#828122 - Mon 28/09/15 22:47 BST Re: Following the Unseen Path (Miyabi, Jaxon and Volsha) [Re: Gypsy]
Muddy Offline

Ooze-based life form

Loc: Sutton, SW London
“The first question was “is it your intention to make war upon my house?” says Gunter “the second question was “if not, do you know who is?”

“The answer to both questions was no” replies Fedor “comprehensively so because as it transpired much of what was then happening on each of our two respective worlds appeared at first as if the other was causing it. On my world there was an increasing surge of unrest among the citizenry and the lesser nobility, a veritable tinder box of rebellion just waiting for a spark, a spark that we were certain was being organised by an agent provocateur from House Hawkwood.”

“On this world
” continues Gunter “the Vuldrok had begun to stir and make greater and greater trouble on the borders of the lands they controlled. Something was provoking them to this action and likewise we were finding items and weaponry that could only have come from House Decados.”

“It was cleverly done – very cleverly done” replies Fedor “almost flawless in fact but as with all deceptions, if you begin to dig deep enough and peel back the shadows light will eventually fall on something that wishes to remain well hidden in the darkness. What ultimately stopped us from falling headlong into this deception was something we always had in secret – the dialogue of the Accord. It was in this instance our last safety net and had accomplished what it was established – in part at any rate.

It was thus that as the heads our respective and immediate houses we began to work in secret to identify who or what was behind a very real attempt to push both houses to brink of war. Over the period of that year we moved cautiously, as much undoing the damage being caused as identifying its source. The more we looks the more strangeness we were finding and this only complicated matters. What we first saw as a problem for our houses was anything but. It was pervasive – everywhere – yet formless and nameless despite all our efforts give it shape and identity.

This is where the Baroness Sasha begins her part in all this and unfortunately at the same time everything suddenly and very quickly -as the ancestors say - goes to hell in a hand cart.”

#828132 - Mon 28/09/15 23:55 BST Re: Following the Unseen Path (Miyabi, Jaxon and Volsha) [Re: Muddy]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Sasha

Her attention was on the two dukes as they spoke, but occasionally she did glance at Jaxon to see how he was reacting to these revelations.

"I did my best to do my Duke's bidding," Sasha said slowly, her gaze moving from one to another, her tone tight and her expression even more concerned than it had when they'd entered the room.

"Tell me who is behind all this subterfuge and I will see to their deaths."

#828171 - Tue 29/09/15 13:48 BST Re: Following the Unseen Path (Miyabi, Jaxon and Volsha) [Re: Exeter]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Jaxon

It seems as though he still has a lot to learn. He mentally parks his mistrust of the Decados off to one side. Maybe it is a double deal by them but he does trust his Duke who seems to accept their innocence.

There is more to come yet he is sure. They have reached a point in the story where Sasha became involved, probably a way to go before it reaches him... though a thought crosses his mind that maybe it had involved his family much earlier?

The discipline he had learned painfully in some cases during his time with the Hazat, allowed him to remain quiet and show little in his expression. A boy no longer.

Edited by Gypsy (Tue 29/09/15 13:50 BST)

#828918 - Thu 08/10/15 23:45 BST Re: Following the Unseen Path (Miyabi, Jaxon and Volsha) [Re: Gypsy]
Muddy Offline

Ooze-based life form

Loc: Sutton, SW London
Gunter gives a faint smile

“If only it was that easy Lady Sasha. This unfortunately was the problem we kept encountering, whatever or whoever we were following always managed to stay at least one step of us even against the vast resources of the Jakovian Agency of House Decados. All we could do was chase shadows and rumours – it was as if this quarry had a crystal ball and was able to look into the future with perfect clarity. All we could clarify by that time were two repeating fact – firstly that for reasons unknown there were more and more dead ends that ended up on one world – the planet Aylon of House Al-Malik. The second was that either knowingly or unknowingly the Scravers Guild were instrumental in the spread of this danger.

It is likely that even moving cautiously as we did at the time our efforts only served to accelerate what was going on. The first target so it would seem, was to be my world and my House but not before we were able initiate a counter play of my own even though the price to be paid was ultimately a heavy one in both dishonour and blood.”

He looks over to Fedor not so much a pause but a clear desire of not wanting to talk further on some point of that subject.

Fedor resumes the account

“To immediately assume that either the Al-Malik or the Scravers Guild was behind what was happening was to fall into another deception – not something I was prepared to tolerate. At that time small but increasingly noticeable changes were taking place on this world a shift in the nobility power base from the older families of House Hawkwood to a newer generation of lesser nobility or of younger lineage. In normal circumstances perhaps not that unusual but an increasing number of accidents and "natural" deaths made this anything other than usual. It was carefully and cleverly done of course no new elevation was earned or gained without justifiable merit on some level so for all outwards appearances the torch was being passed in the best traditions of that House.

What I had learned in that time was not in facts to be discovered but the noticeable absence of them in certain places. You see a lot of effort had been focused on all the major players in the known worlds – the 5 great houses, the Guilds, possibly even the Church but we quickly established that those houses considered of minor or little consequence had been largely left alone – uncorrupted if you will. This was the first real mistake made and it confirmed to me that they lacked an essential understanding of the Game we all play. On that basis I approached Duke Gunter with a new plan and essential to this was a very capable noble from a lesser house well know to us. A house who’s lands orbit my own world as a reclaimed moon. The House of Xanthippe."

He nods over to Lady Sasha.

#828923 - Fri 09/10/15 00:51 BST Re: Following the Unseen Path (Miyabi, Jaxon and Volsha) [Re: Muddy]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Sasha

"I can see where you... thought to avoid the wrong type or thrust of attention to the major houses by... using me rather as bait or perhaps as a goad to trigger a response."

Sasha spoke slowly, deliberately, as if figuring things out in her head as she went along.

"I do not mind being used, if the result of that use is worthwhile."

She paused another moment.

"But I would have appreciated your trust. You could have let me in instead of tricking me into being your puppet."

#828939 - Fri 09/10/15 12:51 BST Re: Following the Unseen Path (Miyabi, Jaxon and Volsha) [Re: Exeter]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Jaxon

He is also thinking fast, adding up what is being said and maybe making it more that it is.. but he has to ask the question. He looks at Duke Gunter.

"Has any of this contributed to the death of my parents or my brother's disappearance?"

It is a very direct question, something that may not be the wiest thing to ask right now.. but he has to know. His gaze is unwavering.

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 11 12 13

Moderator:  Muddy 
Newest Members
Khamsin, Gryphon, AgentBonkers, DragonLips, Amadan
125 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Member Spotlight

125 Registered Members
110 Forums
2,335 Topics
226,912 Posts

Most users ever online: 206 @ Sun 04/11/12 12:17 GMT
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Message Gaming. DreamLyrics Message Gaming does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy · Site Operator