Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Message Gaming
Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#698643 - Fri 17/01/14 15:33 GMT TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only)
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Loc: Pidley, Cambs, UK
Chay

Heading through the Market Square, Chay glances at the sky which is dark and overcast and matches his mood this morning. A late night last night and an early start this morning, combined with a lack of breakfast, is taking its toll. He doesn't want to admit that he might just be suffering from nerves either. One of the main traits that has gotten him to this stage in his life is his air of confidence, some might say arogance, there is a fine border after all.. but this morning that is more of a front than something he feels.

A new venture, outside his comfort zone but his nervousness has more to do with what is at stake if he fails..

He pulls up his hood as the first few spots of cold rain being to spatter on the cobbles, definite signs of Autumn approaching. He weaves his way easily through market place as folk seek shelter, more sellers than shoppers at present, partly due to the early hour and partly due to hard times. Taxes have increased, people struggling to make ends meet, jobs scarce. Maybe not the best time to launch his new venture.. but then maybe what better time?

Further along he takes a right into Pond Lane, the spatter turning into a more persistent drizzle. Pond Lane is a dirt track and could easily turn to mud if the rain persists. That won't help get the customers in. More signs of hard times as he eyes drift left to the pond. There had been ducks on it not so long ago, he suspects they provided several folk hot meals over the last month or so.

Opening night tonight.

He hopes this works.

He hopes his new staff are already hard at work...

Reaching out a hand, he pushes on the front door and enters The Way Out.

Edited by Gypsy (Fri 17/01/14 17:16 GMT)

#698653 - Fri 17/01/14 17:21 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Amy

As the door opens a cold gust of wind draws the little girl's attention in that direction. She may be young but she can recognise a scowl for what it is, even from this far away. Could spell trouble..

She is standing on a stool, bucket on the floor beside her, cleaning a large round table; the stool is the only way she can reach the middle. She puts her head down and scrubs, holding the brush in both hands. This table like most here were inherited along with the place and badly in need of more than just cleaning, but cleaning will have to do for now.

She has been promised a hot breakfast when she finishes the tables and that is worth waiting for. Her tummy rumbles quietly in anticipation. Two more to go after this one...

#698656 - Fri 17/01/14 18:34 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Nivek Offline

Administrator

Loc: Kentucky
Serena Mills

The stout woman worked hard at cleaning the windows in the common room. She whistled a happy tune as she scrubbed hard enough to make the glass squeak. Occasionally, she looked over at the young girl, which made her smile.

*That one will make something of herself.* she thought. The little girl had never been afraid of work and she always wanted to do the best she could. Two excellent qualities. of course those were both things that the people who knew her would say about Serena.

She looked over when Chay entered and she gave him a nod but said nothing unless he had questions for her.

Resuming her tune, she moved to the next window.

#698675 - Fri 17/01/14 23:35 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Nivek]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Loc: Old Bridge, NJ, USA
Lem

The ale had arrived the previous day. Not the best he’d ever had, but passable. More than passable, truth be told, and likely better than the previous proprietor had offered. The wine had arrived earlier that morning, but he’d left the judging of that to those with a taste for such. Of the mead there was no sign at all and they might have to open without. All of the other essentials were ready and in place.

He nodded at the owner when he walked in.

#698681 - Sat 18/01/14 02:30 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Loc: Charlotte, NC - USA
Zach

The door to the kitchen area swung open and Zach came in, a crooked grin on his face like he knew something funny and figured no one else had caught the joke. He moved up behind the little girl and tousled her hair.

"Don't work yourself so hard, Amy girl. You'll make me'n Serena look bad."

He cocked his eyes toward the waitress and chuckled.

"Well, make me look bad anyways."

#698684 - Sat 18/01/14 02:37 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
Nivek Offline

Administrator

Serena

"Bah, don't be filling her head with nonsense you. Hard work be good for the girl. Of course you'd not know anything about that, now would you?" she said giving him a smile and Amy a wink as she continued what she was doing.

#698689 - Sat 18/01/14 12:10 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Nivek]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Chay

Observing from the doorway it is not all bad. There is evidence of some hard work and the team seem to be melding. Maybe there is room for some optimism after all.

He strides in making straight for Lem and although he doesn't pause to greet anyone he slips a copper coin onto the table that Amy is cleaning.

"Should have some mead for you this morning. Not too much, only what can be carried on a couple of horses. Sent a couple of riders out yesterday. Got word that the cart had gotten mired on the road from Loriston, shed a wheel and broken an axle. Should be here around lunch time, rest will follow in the next day or two."

As usual Chay is direct and dealing with business straight away. He doesn't explain how he knows what is happening on the road when his riders have yet to return.. but as Lem knows his information is usually good.

"Any other problems?"

#698691 - Sat 18/01/14 15:12 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

The barman nodded at the news about the mead. "Good. If we didn't have it that's all anybody would want. Of course, now that we do..." He left the rest of that unsaid, but if he was a betting man he'd give odds he wouldn't pour a single cup tonight.

He shook his head at the owner's question. "No problems here. As far as the bar goes we could open now if you wanted." No real surprise there: Chay knew Lem was meticulous when it came to planning.

#698693 - Sat 18/01/14 19:47 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

Zach winked at Serena, lightly touched Amy's cheek and then ambled over to where the boss and Lem were talking, as always wanting to know what was going on.

"Who we got doin' the cooking, Boss? There's nobody in the kitchen."

#698711 - Sun 19/01/14 11:57 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Amy

Seeing the coin, her eyes light up and she reaches for it quickly, tucking it away before anything happens to it. Her smile follows Chay to the bar.. turns briefly on Zack and then she gets back to scrubbing even harder.

Edited by Gypsy (Sun 19/01/14 11:59 GMT)

#698713 - Sun 19/01/14 12:05 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Chay

He nods to Lem, then turns to answer Zach's question.

"Woman called Marion, used to cook at the Green Serpent a few years back. Husband got sick. She quit to look after him whilst her son went out to work. He died. Isn't she here yet?"

He frowns and turns to look at the door as if he expects her to come through it there and then.

#698756 - Mon 20/01/14 01:09 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

"Probably on her way," he said with a shrug.

#698872 - Wed 22/01/14 12:18 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Amy

She finishes the table she had been cleaning and climbs down off her stool, picking it up along with the bucket she moves to the next table. About to start again she realises that the water is both low and not very clean.

She looks over at Serna.

"Going to the kitchen for some more water."

It is an announcement more than a request for permission.

#698873 - Wed 22/01/14 12:23 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Chay

He continues his discussion with Lem, including Zach also.

"I sent the word out to let everyone know we are opening tonight. And I'm going to put a notices in the market place. Couple of the stalls have agreed. The weather isn't helping though. Notices will likely get wet and folk might not want to venture out this evening. Any ideas on how we could get more people in?"

#698915 - Wed 22/01/14 21:52 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

The barman came out from behind the bar, using a stout cane to take a good part of the weight off his right leg as he walked. "Bonfire if the weather allowed," he said. "But since it don't, send a crier out. That might be a good idea even if the weather was better, no tellin' how many folks 'round here can't read."

#698926 - Thu 23/01/14 00:54 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

"We had us a first rate entertainer here and got the word out, now that might help," Zach said with a happy grin.

"I can sing 'n tell stories and play my mouth harp and a little lute."

#699006 - Fri 24/01/14 01:22 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Halloween Jack Offline

Loc: New Mexico, US
Marion

The front door of the inn creaks open, and a tall woman slips in, pushing the door closed behind her before the wind can seize it. She carries a basket in her left hand, filled with what appears to be fresh produce and a few carefully sealed packets. Pulling the hood back from her face, she nods a greeting to the others in the room, a brief smile appearing on her lips as her gaze settles on Amy.

"Apologies," she says to Chay. "I'd heard that a merchant from Staverley had come in last night, and thought I'd see if he'd brought in any fresh spices."

#699007 - Fri 24/01/14 01:25 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

"You must be Marion," he said with a grin and a quick wink.

"I'm Zach, the tavern's new singer and all around entertainer."

#699008 - Fri 24/01/14 01:35 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Halloween Jack Offline

Marion

"Hmm..." Marion says, a bit doubtfully. "I probably shouldn't have bothered with the spices, then. No one's likely to stay long enough to taste the food. Might help with the liquor sales, though."

#699009 - Fri 24/01/14 01:51 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

The barman looked up and was about to say something when the new arrival beat him to it. Instead, he fought to keep a grin from erupting on his face. He had to drop his gaze for a moment to keep from losing that fight.

"Lem," he finally said. "Bar."

#699025 - Fri 24/01/14 12:12 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Chay

He is about to reply to the two men when the door opens drawing his attention. He watches as Marion approaches, his face non-committal.

He listens, noting the apology. Not the best start but the excuse is accepted.. this time. However he almost forgives her when she makes a comment on Zach's capabilities.

"Town crier is a goos idea. I'll go and see to that. As to the entertainment, we don't know yet what our customers are likely to want so don't make it official yet. Lem, your call if you feel the place needs some atmosphere."

He looks back at Marion.

"Kitchen's that way"

He says pointing to a door behind the bar area.

"I'll be back later."

He turns on his heel and strides for the door.

#699026 - Fri 24/01/14 12:14 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Amy

The young girl smiles back at Marion, no trace of shyness there. With bucket in hand she heads for the kitchen to get more hot water from the pot on the kitchen fire.

#699031 - Fri 24/01/14 13:09 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Nivek Offline

Administrator

Serena

The woman washing windows took a moment to come greet the newcomer.

"Welcome to the inn. Me name's Serena. Glad to have you among us."

#699047 - Fri 24/01/14 19:53 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Halloween Jack Offline

Marion

Marion steps aside for Chay, then nods to acknowledge Lem's and Serena's greeting. "It's nice to meet you all." Shifting her basket to her other hand, she starts for the kitchen. "And past time that I got started."

#699057 - Sat 25/01/14 00:58 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

"Atmosphere," the barman echoed. He couldn't keep the smile off his face this time. "Right."

#699060 - Sat 25/01/14 01:12 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

Zach leaned against the bar, not at all daunted, his grin still apparent.

"I know she didn't mean it. Probably thought it was funny."

He shrugged and chuckled.

"Was a little maybe."

"Wait til I sing her a couple of songs about Scyzyck the crazy gnome and Mordecai the Wonder Pig."

#699063 - Sat 25/01/14 01:44 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

"Save your voice," the barman advised soberly. "No telling when we might need some atmosphere."

#699086 - Sat 25/01/14 14:58 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

"Well," he said, stretching out the word and frowning for a moment.

"You need any help getting the bar set up?" He grinned again.

"I could tell you a few stories that'd perk you right up."

#699189 - Tue 28/01/14 00:38 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

"Well, you could help get the mead in," the barman offered. "When it gets here, that is. Which is supposed to be before tonight."

He was beginning to regret being so organized. "I wasn't aware I needed perking up."

#699257 - Wed 29/01/14 01:28 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

He grimaced and shrugged, but then his grin returned.

"I can help with that."

Zach rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"You always look like you need perkin' up, Lem."

#699392 - Thu 30/01/14 23:17 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

He grunted.

"Could be Marion needs some help gettin' the kitchen straightened out," he said. "Her just gettin' here and all. If I was a bettin' man, I'd bet she's got all sorts of stuff needs doing."

#699405 - Fri 31/01/14 00:11 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

He shrugged again and gave the taller man a wink.

"I'll perk you up later."

Zach went back and entered the kitchen.

"Use some help setting things up, Marion?"

#699414 - Fri 31/01/14 00:49 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
Halloween Jack Offline

Marion

Zach finds Marion hanging a kettle of porridge over the kitchen fire. As the inn won't be opening to the the public until later in the day, the porridge is evidently intended for Zach and the other staff, should anyone desire a breakfast. A table nearby has been partially cleared and is serving as a work surface, with some freshly-cut apples waiting.

The kitchen isn't precisely a disaster, but it looks much as it was left by the inn's former employees, and could certainly do with some cleaning.

Satisfied that the porridge isn't too close to the flames, Marion turns to Zach. "I'd appreciate that." She looks at him speculatively. "How are you with knives?"

#699420 - Fri 31/01/14 01:41 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

He watched Zach head into the kitchen. There was a little smile on the barman's face. One problem disposed of, though he knew it was only temporarily.

The thing of it was, Zach was probably the best friend the barman had, as he'd proven pretty conclusively. If push came to shove, there wasn't much he would refuse the would-be entertainer. Not that he'd be happy about it, necessarily.

#699439 - Fri 31/01/14 12:37 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Amy

Amy follows Zach into the kitchen, waiting for an opportunity to add in her request.

"Zach, can you put a pot of water on for me."

She needs some water for her wooden bucket and 'everyone' keeps telling her that she mustn't climb up next to the fire as it is too dangerous.

She looks over at Marion.

"Hello. I'm Amy. Is that porridge for us?"

She sniffs the air appreciately, looking both hungry and hopeful at the sdame time. And she is obviously not backward about coming forward.

#699440 - Fri 31/01/14 12:37 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

He looked around the cluttered kitchen and his grin faded - but only slightly - as he considered the possibility of cleaning duties.

Zach was not known for his love of work, especially clean up type drudgery.

His grin reemerged, though, at her question.

"Who did you want me to cut?"

#699455 - Fri 31/01/14 22:56 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
Halloween Jack Offline

Marion

"No one, as yet," the cook replies. She gestures towards a knife rack. "But if you could put an edge on these, I'd be grateful. I'd have better fortune using a mallet than some of these."

Turning, she looks down at Amy, a slightly sad smile appearing on her lips. "Hello, Amy. I'm Marion. And yes, that's for you, should you care for some. It'll be a few minutes before it's ready, though."

#699463 - Sat 01/02/14 00:26 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Any

She smiles at Marion.

"I can wait. Besides I have nothing to do until Zach heats my water."

She looks pointedly at the man.

#699506 - Sat 01/02/14 22:16 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

[OOC: Slight cross posting, but no problem.]

Zach

The little girl spoke so quietly that at first he didn't hear her request, but he was fond of Amy so he smiled and nodded at her.

"Sorry, little sister, I'm a little short a hearing in that ear," he said, tapping the ear which had faced toward her. "I'll get you some water heatin' right away."

The wiry little man filled a large pot with water, swung out the trivet from over the fire and hanged the pot on it before swinging the contrivance back over the fire.

"Just give it a few minutes," he said and winked at the little girl.

Then Zach opened the pouch at his waist and took out a whetstone and a steel. He picked up the first of the knives, spat on the stone and started whetting the blade.

"Get you a fine edge here... no problem."

#699516 - Sat 01/02/14 23:18 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
Halloween Jack Offline

Marion

Using one of the sharper knives, Marion finishes dicing the fruit she had been working on, then adds it, along with a little bit of spice, to the porridge bubbling over the fire. While she's working, she talks a bit with Amy.

"Do you know anything of cooking, little one?"

#699608 - Mon 03/02/14 13:39 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Amy

After a moment's though and an 'innocent' smile she replies.

"I can make toast.. and I can eat porridge."

#699744 - Wed 05/02/14 23:21 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Halloween Jack Offline

Marion

Marion laughs softly. "Well, that's better than some can manage. If you'd like, and if our duties allow time, I could teach you a bit more. It's not a bad skill to possess."

#699775 - Thu 06/02/14 11:42 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Amy

It takes her only seconds to decide.

"Yes. I'd like that. I'd be good at it.. then I can help make meals."

She smiles, seeing cooking as better than cleaning, and providing the opportunity for more food.

#699799 - Thu 06/02/14 23:02 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

Sitting there, sharpening knives, Zach smiled and gave the little girl a wink, obviously pleased Amy had found a new friend.

"See there, you'll be a top chef before you know it."

#699800 - Thu 06/02/14 23:33 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Amy

"I can be anything I want - that's what you said."

She nods at Zach, always remembering what other people have said when it suits her best.

#699802 - Fri 07/02/14 00:45 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Halloween Jack Offline

Marion

Marion hesitates for a moment, then turns to regard Amy.

"I'm sure you can, little one," she says, "and it may be that your dreams lead you to be something grander than a cook. But there are times when it can be good to be more than one thing." She smiles a bit, then turns back to her work.

"And if you should find yourself in that situation...well, cooks are always useful."

#699822 - Fri 07/02/14 14:49 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Amy

She nods vigorously, not fully understanding everything Marion is saying but it sounds good.

"Zach? Can you pour my water please?"

She stands, picking up her bucket and holding it out to him.

#699862 - Sat 08/02/14 00:39 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

"Sounds like something I coulda said, Amy," he said with a chuckle. Zach stood, stretched slightly left and right, grunted with pleasure as his back popped nicely and deftly poured Amy her water.

"There, you be careful you don't spill it and burn yourself."

#699871 - Sat 08/02/14 03:37 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
Halloween Jack Offline

Marion

"Come back in a few minutes and I'll have your breakfast ready," she tells Amy.

#699882 - Sat 08/02/14 12:15 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Amy

She heads for the door, turning as she gets there and flashes a quick grin at Marion.

"I'll be quick!"

#699886 - Sat 08/02/14 15:17 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

Zach grinned and put a forefinger to his temple and then pointed to the girl as she left in a salute-like gesture.

"She's a good girl," he said to Marion.

"Ain't had the easiest of lives so far, but she's a good girl."

#699897 - Sat 08/02/14 21:06 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
Halloween Jack Offline

Marion

Marion nods. For a minute the only sounds in the kitchen are the crackling fire and steel against stone.

"Does she have any family?" she asks Zach.

#699901 - Sat 08/02/14 23:22 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

"We're her family," the barman said, coming into the kitchen. "Me and Zach, that is."

He sniffed the air. "Heard tell there's porridge?"

#699903 - Sun 09/02/14 01:30 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

Zach cocked his head to one side and gave his friend a look of appraisal. He'd long thought that Lem was Amy's biological - as well as guardian along with Zach, but Lem didn't like to hear that.

Zach decided not to push it... not right now anyway. Besides, he wasn't entirely sure he himself wasn't the kid's pa.

But still... he thought Lem the more likely parent.

Zach shrugged, deciding once again that it didn't really matter.

"Smells good, too, don't it, Lem?"

#699904 - Sun 09/02/14 02:00 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
Nivek Offline

Administrator

Serena

Serena came back into the room and smiled at Amy then frowned at the men.

"There be porridge and yes it is good, but if you two lumoxes eat it all, what am I supposed to serve?" she said breaking into a smile.

#699915 - Sun 09/02/14 20:12 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Nivek]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

"And just how much are you expectin' to serve?" the barman asked. After all, the tavern wouldn't open until that evening.

#699916 - Sun 09/02/14 21:59 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Halloween Jack Offline

Marion

"There's porridge," Marion confirms, "but it'll be a few minutes yet, and you'll wait until Amy gets back. She'll not get only the leavings."

#699933 - Mon 10/02/14 12:08 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
Nivek Offline

Administrator

Serena

"I'm thinking big Lem. It's what you want to see happen, is it not?" she said with a smile. She nodded to Marion acknowledging what she said.

#699949 - Mon 10/02/14 16:38 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Nivek]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Amy

Meanwhile the small girl is back on her stool tackling the last tables at double quick time with the promise of porridge looming. Standing on her stool she scrubs hard using both hands, moving her stool for access as she needs to.

#699955 - Mon 10/02/14 22:58 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Gypsy]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

"Amy eats before I do," the barman stated. "That's just the way of it. Like I said when I come in, me and Zach are her family. We make sure she's safe, she eats, all of that."

#699966 - Tue 11/02/14 00:16 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

Zach sat back in his seat and grinned at the banter, not a little surprised at the way his big friend was talking so openly about Amy.

"Be okay with me if she eats the same time we do, Lem," he said and chuckled.

#700040 - Tue 11/02/14 23:31 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Exeter]
Halloween Jack Offline

Marion

"It's good we're in agreement," the cook says, lifting another pot of water into place above the fire to heat. She has her own cleaning to do.

"What time are we to open, then?" she asks. "I'll need to know when to start certain things cooking."

#700294 - Sun 16/02/14 18:47 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: Halloween Jack]
J-J Vomact Offline

Numbers Geek
Administrator

Lem

The barman lifted an eyebrow, which turned out to be an rather expressive gesture indeed, but otherwise he didn't respond to the new cook regarding Amy.

"Point is," he told Zach, "We make sure Amy has somethin' to eat before we do."

"You'll have to ask Chay," he told Marion, in response to her question. "His place, his call on when we open, and he hasn't told me."

#700355 - Mon 17/02/14 23:26 GMT Re: TWO - Preparing to Open (Staff only) [Re: J-J Vomact]
Exeter Offline

Administrator

Zach

Zach nodded and gave his friend a grin and a wink.

"I know what you meant, Lem," he said.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Newest Members
Khamsin, Gryphon, AgentBonkers, DragonLips, Amadan
125 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Member Spotlight

125 Registered Members
110 Forums
2,335 Topics
226,912 Posts

Most users ever online: 206 @ Sun 04/11/12 12:17 GMT
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Message Gaming. DreamLyrics Message Gaming does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy · Site Operator